Recipe Courtesy Kelly McCrary – Pastry Chef
These cookies are best eaten right out of the oven, but I also enjoy them the next morning accompanied by a cup of hot coffee.
- 2.5 cups plus 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 sticks salted butter (Kerrygold or plugra are my faves)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (I like Morton basset or Nielsen Massey brands)
- 1 cup ghiradelli or guittard chocolate chips
- 1 4oz bar 60% ghirardelli dark chocolate (roughly chopped)
- Mix flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder in bowl; set aside.
- In large bowl, using electric mixer, cream butter and sugars until combined. Add eggs and vanilla, mixing til light and fluffy.
- Add flour mixture to the butter mixture and blend on low speed until just combined. Add the chocolate chips and chocolate chunks stirring til combined.
- Portion dough into 3 ounce cookies (or large scoops) and let rest in fridge overnight.
- Pull directly out of refrigerator and bake on silpat at 350F for 14-15 minutes.
- (Baking time will vary depending on size of cookies and how hot your oven cooks.) You want to pull cookies out of oven when edges are just starting to brown and center looks slightly underbaked.