Posted: January 26, 2024
Founded in 2008, we are a women-led creative studio that intersects design and marketing to build relationships between people and brands. Our craft is fueled best by an intentional process and thoughtful strategy. As experts in the food, beverage, cannabis, and agriculture industries, we build brands, tell stories, and empower passion. Our work ranges from branding and packaging, to strategic marketing campaigns.
A Graphic Designer at Honey is someone who is not afraid to push the limits of creativity. You love getting your hands on every aspect of a project from research to concepting to execution. You collaborate, ideate, and execute various projects ranging from brand identities, retainer work, websites, content creation, campaigns, packaging, and photography/videography shoots under the guidance of the Creative Director. You have a strong desire to create original, custom concepts with a killer, detailed design aesthetic. You are a creative voice that inspires great work and positively communicates your design decisions. You have a desire to grow as a designer and you’re ready to roll up your sleeves.
This is an in-office position in Midtown, Sacramento. Honey is currently working a hybrid model, with two days remote-optional. Can we get a high five for more human collaboration?!
- Execute projects from initial ideation to the final stages/launch under guidance of Creative Director/Art Director
- Create original, compelling designs with attention to detail on projects ranging from brand identities, retainer work, websites, content creation, campaigns, packaging, and photography/videography
- Provide constructive feedback to other designers and participate in critiques and collaborative brainstorming sessions
- Collaborate closely with Honey’s design and marketing teams, as well as external partners such as website development, photo, and video partners when applicable
- Push the boundaries of design, proudly contributing to and building Honey’s brand aesthetic and culture
- Confidently lead client presentations, with the ability to clearly and successfully communicate ideas and design decisions to clients as well as the internal team
- Adaptability to accommodate changes in strategic direction or client needs
- Willingness to support team members and jump into projects in order to support deadlines
- Navigate tough client feedback with a confident and positive attitude, looping in Creative Director/Art Director when necessary
- Embody Honey’s core values and commitments to be an anti-racist company in the development of work and interactions with team, clients, and the broader community
- 2-4 years of design experience in branding, packaging, web design, + strategic campaigns (in studio environment preferred, but not required)
- Solid understanding of common design tools: Adobe Creative Suite – Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, After Effects, Lightroom, Sketch/Figma, Marvel, Pantone Connect, Google Suite
- Some knowledge in Honey’s niche industries of food, beverage, agriculture, and cannabis
- Thorough understanding of design principles (Color theory, typography, etc)
- Experience executing projects from start to finish with successful results
- Ability to successfully communicate complex design decisions to the team and clients
- Excellent written communication as well as presentation skills
- Strong sense of self-awareness and drive to take initiative to figure things out
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask
- Ability to work under pressure, individually and as part of a team
- Positive, creative, curious, and down-to-earth spirit
- Professional career growth-forward mindset
- Benefits: Medical, dental, vision
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Continuing education opportunities
- Working in an inclusive environment with a seriously awesome team
- Paid vacations and holidays
- $64,000 – $68,000 *based on experience
- We base our competitive salaries on being headquartered in Sacramento, California
Honey is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that welcomes applicants and employees of all genders, races, backgrounds, orientations, and nationalities.
Send us a thoughtful email by February 9th sharing why you are a great fit for this position along with your resumé and portfolio to [email protected] using the subject line Graphic Designer Position 2024.