Posted: July 20, 2022
Founded in 2008, we are a female-led creative studio that intersects design and marketing to create impactful work. Our craft is fueled by a collaborative and holistic process. As experts in the food, beverage, cannabis, and agriculture industries, we focus on building brands, creating connections with audiences, telling stories, and inspiring passion.
A Graphic Designer at Honey is someone who is constantly striving to become an expert in their craft. You love getting your hands on every aspect of a project from research to concepting to execution. You collaborate, ideate, and execute various projects ranging from brand identities, retainer work, websites, content creation, campaigns, packaging, and photography/videography shoots under the guidance of both the Creative Director and Art Director. You have a strong desire to create original, custom concepts with a killer, detailed design aesthetic. Working alongside Honey’s Creative and Art Director, you are responsible for juggling multiple projects at a time with detail and creativity. You are a creative voice that inspires great work, positively communicates your design decisions, and pushes the limits of your projects. Most importantly, you are dedicated to the team, community and clients you interact with, and align with Honey’s core values and commitments to being an anti-racist company.
This is an in-office position in our new building in Midtown, Sacramento. Honey is currently working a hybrid model, with two days remote-optional. Can we get a high five for more human collaboration?!
- Execute projects from initial ideation to the final stages / launch under guidance of Creative + Art Directors
- Create original, compelling designs with attention to detail on projects ranging from brand identities, retainer work, websites, content creation, campaigns, packaging, and photography/videography
- Review design work and provide constructive feedback to junior designers that align with project goals
- Collaborate closely with Honey’s design and marketing teams, as well as external partners such as website development, photo, and video partners when applicable
- Communicate with project teams and if necessary, Creative Director, to escalate project concerns and receive feedback as needed
- Push the boundaries of design, proudly contributing to and building Honey’s brand aesthetic and culture
- Confidently lead client presentations, with the ability to clearly and successfully communicate ideas and design decisions to clients as well as the internal team
- Adaptability to accommodate changes in strategic direction or client needs
- Willingness to support team members and jump into projects in order to support deadlines
- Navigate tough client feedback with a confident and positive attitude, looping in Creative Director when necessary
- Manage your time and priorities effectively to balance your tasks while juggling multiple projects
- Embody Honey’s core values and commitments to be an anti-racist company in the development of work and interactions with team, clients, and the broader community
- 2-4 years of design experience in branding, packaging, web design, + strategic campaigns (in studio environment preferred, but not required)
- Proficiency in design tools: Sketch/Figma, Marvel, Pantone Connect, Google Suite, Adobe Creative Suite – Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, After Effects, Lightroom
- Some knowledge in Honey’s niche industries of food, beverage, agriculture, and cannabis
- Thorough understanding of design principles (Color theory, typography, etc)
- Experience executing projects from start to finish
- Ability to successfully communicate complex design decisions to the team and clients
- Excellent written communication as well as presentation skills
- Strong sense of self-awareness and drive to take initiative to figure things out
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask
- Ability to work under pressure, individually and as part of a team
- Positive, passionate, creative, curious, and down-to-earth spirit
- Professional career growth-forward mindset
- Competitive salary range based on experience
- Benefits: Medical, dental, vision
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Continuing education opportunities
- Working in an inclusive environment with a seriously awesome team
- Paid vacations and holidays
Honey is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that welcomes applicants and employees of all genders, races, backgrounds, orientations, and nationalities.
Send us a thoughtful email by August 19 sharing why you are a great fit for this position along with your resumé and portfolio to [email protected] using the subject line Graphic Designer Position 2022.