Posted: September 14, 2021
Founded in 2008, we are a female-led creative studio that intersects design and marketing to create impactful work. Our craft is fueled by a collaborative and holistic process. As experts in the food, beverage, cannabis, and agriculture industries, we focus on building brands, creating connections with audiences, telling stories, and inspiring passion.
Who we’re looking for
Honey is looking for a junior graphic designer to bring a unique and fresh perspective to our tight-knit crew! Curiosity is at your core – you look beyond your surroundings to find inspiration and are open to growth and learning new things. You are a multitasker that can juggle various projects, with the ability to give and receive feedback from the team. You’re a problem solver that pays close attention to the details, executes designs with a fresh aesthetic, and can clearly communicate your ideas. You’re a wiz at production support and are not afraid of hard work. Most importantly you are dedicated to the team and clients you collaborate with, are committed to creating thoughtful work, and align with Honey’s core values and commitments to being an anti-racist company.
This position is currently remote due to the restrictions of COVID-19, but would be an in-office position once determined by Honey.
- Support in strategizing, concepting, and executing branding, web, and campaign projects by collaborating with the design and marketing teams.
- Production design to include cascading brands to stationery, social media graphics, print collateral, web design, brand guides, etc.
- Support in creation of Honey social media content and internal projects.
- Work within a fast-paced environment while maintaining the highest quality work.
- Communicate/present ideas and design decisions clearly to the internal team and clients.
- Effectively manage your time and prioritize work efficiently when juggling multiple projects.
Skills and Expertise
- Quick learner, open minded and inspired to grow as a designer.
- Confident communication skills.
- Understanding of file types and best practices for exporting of both print files and digital graphics.
- Ability to multitask and effectively handle a variety of assignments at one time.
- Ability to navigate challenging situations both internally and with a client.
- Passion for good design and motivation to maintain Honey’s design standards.
- Willingness to accept constructive feedback from the team to improve skills.
- Excellent time management and self-motivational skills.
- Embody Honey’s core values and commitments to be an anti-racist company in the development of work and interactions with team, clients, and the broader community.
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or comparable skill/experience in the field of design.
- 1-2 years of design internship or professional experience.
- Thorough knowledge of the following software applications: Google Suite, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Marvel App and Sketch. After Effects is a plus.
- Competitive hourly compensation based on experience
- Benefits: Medical, dental, vision
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Continuing education opportunities
- Working in an inclusive environment with a seriously awesome team
- Paid vacations and holidays
Send us a thoughtful email sharing why you are a great fit for this position along with your resumé and portfolio to [email protected] using the subject line Junior Designer Position 2021. Applications will be accepted until October 1.