Posted: October 6, 2023
Honey is a design and marketing studio working in food, beverage, and agriculture. Women-led, we are a team of down-to-earth, hardworking, problem-solvers who believe our craft is fueled best by an intentional process and strategy. Our work ranges from branding and packaging, to strategic marketing campaigns.
Honey’s Senior Designer is an expert in their craft and thrives on engaging with every aspect of a project, spanning from research and concept development to execution. Leading the charge in collaboration, ideation, and project execution, they oversee a diverse range of work, including brand identities, retainer work, websites, content creation, campaigns, packaging, and photography/videography shoots. They have an expert ability to create original, custom concepts with a killer, detailed design aesthetic. Managing multiple projects simultaneously, they bring a strong level of detail and creativity to each one. In addition to managing Honey’s designers, they inspire great work, positively communicate design decisions, and push the limits of projects.They are dedicated to the team, community and clients they interact with, and align with Honey’s core values and commitments to being an anti-racist company.
This is an in-office position in our new building in Midtown, Sacramento. Honey is currently working a hybrid model, with two days remote-optional. Can we get a high five for more human collaboration?!
- Execute the creative vision and art direction of a project established by Creative Director into conceptual and visual work, from initial ideation to the final stages/launch
- Create original, compelling designs with expert attention to detail on projects ranging from brand identities, retainer work, websites, content creation, campaigns, packaging, and photography/videography
- Collaborate closely with Honey’s design and marketing teams, as well as external partners such as website development, photo, and video partners
- Confidently lead client presentations, with the ability to clearly and successfully communicate ideas and design decisions to clients as well as the internal team
- Adaptability to accommodate changes in strategic direction or client needs
- Willingness to support team members and jump into projects in order to achieve and support deadlines
- Manage design team members and provide updates to Creative Director. Includes: overseeing their work performance, helping them meet their individual goals, facilitating monthly 1:1s, supporting Creative Director with annual reviews, and identifying opportunities for team and individual growth.
- Review design work and provide constructive feedback to junior and mid-level designers that align with project goals
- Maintain open communication with the Creative Director to escalate project concerns and receive feedback as required
- Handle challenging client feedback with confidence and a positive attitude, involving the Creative Director when necessary
- Manage your time and priorities effectively to balance your tasks while juggling multiple projects
- Assist Creative Director to provide accurate project time estimates
Schedule + Processes
- Delegate tasks to designers, looping in Operations and Culture Coordinator for visibility and scheduling purposes
- Work closely with Marketing Leads to ensure project timelines and budget are on track
- Push the boundaries of design, proudly contributing to and building Honey’s brand aesthetic and culture
- Lead execution and direction of Honey brand projects and social media efforts as guided by the Creative Director
- Embody Honey’s core values and commitments to be an anti-racist company in the development of work and interactions with team, clients, and the broader community
- 5-7 years of design experience in branding, packaging, web design, + strategic campaigns, with experience managing teams
- Expert in design tools: Sketch/Figma, Marvel, Pantone Connect, Google Suite, Adobe Creative Suite – Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, After Effects, Lightroom
- Some knowledge in Honey’s niche industries of food, beverage, agriculture
- Expert understanding of design principles (color theory, typography, etc)
- Experience leading and managing projects from start to finish
- Ability to successfully communicate complex design decisions to the team and clients
- Excellent written communication as well as presentation skills
- Strong sense of self-awareness and drive to take initiative to figure things out
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask
- Ability to work under pressure, individually and as part of a team
- Positive, passionate, creative, curious, and down-to-earth spirit
- Benefits: Medical, dental, vision
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Continuing education opportunities
- Working in an inclusive environment with a seriously awesome team
- Paid vacations and holidays
- $74,000-$81,000 *based on experience
- We base our competitive salaries on being headquartered in Sacramento, California
Honey is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that welcomes applicants and employees of all genders, races, backgrounds, orientations, and nationalities.
Send us a thoughtful email sharing why you are a great fit for this position along with your résumé and portfolio to [email protected] using the subject line Sr. Graphic Designer Position 2023. Applications will be accepted until November 3.